Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 250+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
Act to deliver
Disrupt to grow.
Team up to win.
The project and the team
We are looking for a Junior Engineering Manager to help build new CodiLime teams from the ground up or engage in ongoing projects already being delivered by the company. You will work with a community of other Engineering Managers / Project Managers.
Your main assignment will be setting up, managing and delivering internal projects happening internally in the company, as part of the Incubator team. You will also guide the development of people working within Incubator, supporting them to grow their competence.
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the engineering staff
- Making sure the team has all the resources they need to deliver their work in an efficient manner
- Monitoring the progress of projects, identifying and managing project/people risks and issues
- Managing development paths for certain technologies
- Building the team/people’s competences based on defined development paths
- Discussing high level technical and business requirements with internal clients
- Facilitating or taking an active part (depending on your technical skills and preference) in architectural discussions
- Cooperating closely with HR and Back Office representatives
- Close cooperation with Competence Centers
Do we have a match?
As an Junior Engineering Manager you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Project Manager, People Manager, Engineering Manager or similar role
- Experience in building teams/people’s competences
- Experience in defining development paths
- Experience with software development or solution delivery projects
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal (minimum C1 level)
- Experience working in Agile environments and projects
Beyond the criteria above, we would appreciate:
- Hands-on experience in a technical field (we do not need you to code but understanding the things you manage is important)
- Familiarity with new technologies: i.e. public clouds, DevOps, CI/CD concepts, modern programming languages (Go/Rust) or frontend frameworks
- Experience working in an outsourcing company
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on