Environmental Technician (Full-time)
People are what make the difference at voestalpine. People who produce, process and refine high-quality steel products in flexible, specialized companies around the world. People who make our customers’ challenges their own. People with a never-ending drive to search for an even better solution. It’s people like you who keep voestalpine one step ahead.
Who we are
voestalpine, Austria’s largest steel manufacturer, is represented by 500 Group companies and has locations in more than 50 countries on five continents with 50,000 employees worldwide. For our state-of-the-art direct reduction plant in Corpus Christi, Texas we are currently seeking an Environmental Technician in our Environmental Department.
The Environmental Technician will assist in providing support for all environmental activities that happen at and around the voestalpine Texas plant. The major tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support, coordinate, over-see, and follow-up on any environmental incidents as required
- Perform environmental site inspections and complete respective documentation
- Perform sampling, measurements, observations, and investigations as required
- Create and provide reports as required
- Communicate and increase environmental awareness within the facility
- Conduct and track environmental training for all employees & contractors as required
- Comply with all company safety and quality procedures and policies
- Perform other duties as directed by Management
voestalpine Texas Expectations:
- Prefer working knowledge of SPCC, SWPPP, TPDES, AWS, P2P, Tier II, TRI, Chemical Hygiene, USACE permitting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with sufficient planning and organization skills.
- Be flexible in working hours. Manage priorities and be able to work under pressure to deliver results within deadlines.
- Be patient and flexible when working with different cultures.
- Associates degree in Environmental Studies or related field preferred but not required
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and requirements for the industry
- Specific environmental knowledge (e.g. permits, plans, policies) for voestalpine Texas
- Ability to effectively respond to environmental incidents
- Organized working method utilizing lists and other required documentation via Microsoft Office
- Ability to create and complete reports within deadlines as required
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
What we offer
- Extended Health benefits
- Dental Care benefits
- Vision Care benefits
- Life Insurance coverage
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan (at next available entry period)
- Competive Wages
- Paid Time Off Program
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?