Production Planner Team Lead (Full-time)
People are what make the difference at voestalpine. People who produce, process and refine high-quality steel products in flexible, specialized companies around the world. People who make our customers’ challenges their own. People with a never-ending drive to search for an even better solution. It’s people like you who keep voestalpine one step ahead.
Job Purpose: Responsible for the scheduling of all products produced by voestalpine Automotive Components Cartersville Inc.; maintaining the production schedule in the SAP/Shop floor mgt system/Quality mgt system and making sure that all production orders are planned in such a way that delivery dates to customers are fulfilled on time. Responsible for confirming deliveries to the warehouse in SAP and for closing orders which are complete.
Primary Planning Duties:
- Set-up and planning of Production orders in the SAP/Shop floor mgt /Quality mgt systems.
- Discuss production schedules with key personnel
- Set-up and calculate all production relevant parameters into the SAP system: Lot sizes, Production speeds, Planning strategy, Safety stock levels etc.
- Set up and modify Routings for new products
- Modify work centers with available capacity shift models
- Monitoring weekly progression on planned production and adjust schedule where needed.
- Communicate updated production schedule on Daily basis. Maintain production schedule in SAP & Shop floor mgt system.
- Discuss raw material & bin availability together with MRP planner.
- Creating alternative production plans if bottlenecks and or capacity issues occur.
- Support Supply Chain department in projects where needed.
- Incorporate long term planning for maintenance and new project development
- Be the first point of contact for the Supply Chain Manager for the Production planning function;
- Develop and update production planning KPI’s;
- Monitor and improve planning accuracy actively with other departments;
- Develop into the key SAP-user for Production planning;
- Create and update work instructions and incorporate them in a skills matrix;
- Define Roles and Responsibilities within production planning team to ensure sufficient coverage at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP configuration/process & procedures
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong process focus
- Superb interpersonal skills
- High level understanding of forecasting
- High level understanding of production planning
- High level understanding of internal production processes and related supply chain
- Quickly recognizes and addresses barriers to achieving results, resolves problems and makes decisions based on facts and data
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain mgt
- 5+years’ experience in production planning
- Experience in other supply chain/logistics/operations disciplines besides production planning is a plus
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?