People are what make the difference at voestalpine. People who produce, process and refine high-quality steel products in flexible, specialized companies around the world. People who make our customers’ challenges their own. People with a never-ending drive to search for an even better solution. It’s people like you who keep voestalpine one step ahead.
Who we are
voestalpine, Austria’s largest steel manufacturer, is represented by 500 Group companies and has locations in more than 50 countries on five continents with 48,100 employees worldwide. For our state-of-the-art direct reduction plant in Corpus Christi, Texas we are currently seeking a Contract Manager.
This position will be responsible for creating, and negotiating contracts, ensuring compliance is maintained and company procedures and objectives are achieved. The CM must have and maintain a detailed understanding of project estimating, project management and administration, and be willing to develop a complete understanding of contract terms and conditions and risk allocations. The CM will need to work efficiently and collaboratively with project management teams, as necessary, to efficiently and effectively perform the CM’s responsibilities. The person in this position will constantly drive to optimize overall costs, work safely, effectively and economically as possible while being consistent with plant policies, practices and procedures.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work as a Project Contract Manager within the capital projects group
- All contract purchasing including procurement of subcontracts and purchase orders
- The CM is the lead negotiator of purchasing terms and conditions for all vendors and subcontractors in coordination with procurement department
- Develop, maintain and enforce corporate purchasing policies
- The CM will meet with prospective subcontractors and vendors to review project details, scope and ensure an understanding of RFQ requirements.
- Managing and developing strong relationships with key vendors and suppliers
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and any attachments
- Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, management input and organizational needs
- The CM will work through the various phases; estimating phase, buyout phase, contract phase, project phase and the project closeout to overcome any difficulties which may prevent total contract fulfilment
- Manage information and data within various software and databases
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management of voestalpine Texas LLC.
- Perform all work in compliance with all EH&S standards and company procedures/policies
- Develop detailed, accurate reports to provide effective management tools for execution and feedback
- Input and Export of Data in SAP System
- Ensures that quality, budget, schedule, safety and environmental objectives are met.
- Tracking and achievement of objectives with regard to KPI (Key Performance Indicators)
- Capable of working independently or work as a team member
- Assists Safety Manager regarding safety and emergency measures and realization of safety and emergency plans.
- Identify risks and create mitigation strategies/ plans
- Bachelors degree in project management, business, or an engineering field – 5-10 years relevant work experience in the construction, energy, utility, or engineering field
- Purchasing related Experience including contract negotiations and administration experience
- Knowledge of contracting concepts and contract acquisition law and regulations are essential
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, project-centric environment
- Understanding of project management and business processes and systems
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings including preparation of agendas, presentations, meeting minutes, action items, and other meeting documentation
- Knowledge of industrial plant production processes
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Experience in SAP
- Motivated Self Starter – must be able to plan and sequence work activities
- Able to understand and Interpret Schedule- Microsoft Project / Primavera etc
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand and work for more than 2 hours in tough environmental conditions
- On call duty on weekends and nights possible
What we offer
- Extended Health benefits
- Dental Care benefits
- Vision Care benefits
- Life Insurance coverage
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan (at next available entry period)
- Competive Wages
- Paid Time Off Program
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?