Industrial Painter (Full-time)
People are what make the difference at voestalpine. People who produce, process and refine high-quality steel products in flexible, specialized companies around the world. People who make our customers’ challenges their own. People with a never-ending drive to search for an even better solution. It’s people like you who keep voestalpine one step ahead.
Who we are
voestalpine, Austria’s largest steel manufacturer, is represented by 500 Group companies and has locations in more than 50 countries on five continents with 48,100 employees worldwide. For our state-of-the-art direct reduction plant in Corpus Christi, Texas we are currently seeking a Industrial Painter.
The Industrial Painter will work closely with the Painting supervisor in painting and corrosion protection activities for the voestalpine Texas LLC plant. The person in this position will constantly drive to optimize overall costs, work safely, effectively and economically as possible while being consistent with plant policies, practices and procedures. This teammate will need the ability to lead teams or work independently on projects that will ensure the division reaches its goals. The tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Painting and corrosion protection for all equipment, bolts and steel structure in all areas in the industrial plant
- Painting activities performed on schedule, budget and following all the local codes and standards (including documentation according codes and company policies)
- Paints surfaces using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
- Set up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, or using water or abrasive blasting.
- Operate Aerial lift.
- Practice self-supervision on small jobs and ensure you complete each project in an efficient, timely manner achieving highest quality standards
- Maintains clean, organized work areas and securely stores equipment and supplies
- Maintains positive relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, and other employees
- Understands and executes work orders in a safe, timely and professional manner
- Participates in meetings, committees, educational opportunities, etc. as requested/required
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management of voestalpine Texas LLC.
- Must be NACE Level 1 Certified
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial painting
- High school diploma/GED
- Painting skills and knowledge of painting specification, codes and standard as well as tools and equipment
- Ability to complete projects on-time and on-budget
- Knowledgeable in HSSE policy and practices
- Knowledge of industrial plant processes (permitting, energy control and job planning)
- Formal corrosion protection education/training
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand and work for more than 2 hours in tough environmental conditions (high temperature, high humidity, noise, & dust), and withstand heights of up to 500 feet.
What we offer
- Extended Health benefits
- Dental Care benefits
- Vision Care benefits
- Life Insurance coverage
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan (at next available entry period)
- Competive Wages
- Paid Time Off Program
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?